Sunday, December 11, 2011

December Daily - Christmas invite

Our Family Name Christmas Card
Customize your Christmas cards this holiday at Shutterfly.com.
View the entire collection of cards.
 
 
 
 So our Christmas invite finally reached the family. I had to add this as today's daily, just because I NEVER want to forget it.  Here's the story behind a Woolie Winter Wonderland. My mom owned a craft(y) shop for many years, some things were cute....others not so much (in my eyes anyways). The above picture was one of those - why the heck would anyone buy this thing, things. They are called woolies - they are made from real wool and they came in every "person" you could think of...kind of like barbie - only ugly and a pile of wool. There was soccer woolie, sled riding woolies, mama and baby woolie and who could forget canoeing woolie.  Angie and I loved to laugh at these things - which would immediately get my mothers blood boiling - and her always famous response. "I don't know why you make fun of these things - I sold the crap out of them" - OK MOM!............so last year at our "Tropical Christmas" we decided that next year should be the Woolie Winter Wonderland. Somehow and some year I won a woolie during our family bingo game - I tried my hardest to give it away but NOONE wanted it. Well lucky for camping woolie, he has become famous this year. The star of our Christmas invite and he will surely be the centerpiece  - hell he might even be the judge for our woolie making contest. I CANNOT wait to see what my family creates. I will be sure to post the pictures on my December 25 daily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment