Thursday, December 6, 2012

December Daily | 12.5.2012

Woody the Elf is not as popular as I hoped he would be. I always dream and try so very hard to make the boy's childhood special and meaningful.  I want traditions to be the things they loved and cherrished as kids - not "stuff".
We are five days in and I have yet to experience a joyful face from Carson when it comes to Woody the Elf. Most days he finds him after I ask several times and that's it, he pays no attention to him the rest of the day and he NEVER asks about him.
Today - today was the prest-ti-resistance - the best yet......and I don't mean it in a good way.

Here is the dialog I was texted while at work.

Jason: Katie, Carson found Woody the Elf, and immediatly pulled down piggy and was like "why is he up there".  - here is how the conversation went between the two of them.

Jason: Piggy was playing dominos with Big Bird & Woody the Elf, he must have thought it would be fun to play with them.
Carson: I don't like him (meaning Woody the Elf).
Jason: Carson don't let him hear you say that or he will tell Santa and will report you being bad.
Carson: I still don't like him daddy maybe Santa won't let him work for him anymore!

NAILED IT, exactly what I dreamed this experience would be. LOL.  Oh well I will now never forget the first year Woody the Elf made his apperance.





No comments:

Post a Comment