Tuesday, December 4, 2012

December Daily | 12.3.2012

 
Rub a dub dub - 2 (little) men in a tub

 
Cooper 1.5 years Carson 3 years

The boys enjoying bathtime.



Today was just a normal day, well as normal as our life is anyways.
 
__________________________________________________________________________
 
Reviewing the year |
Since I only blog during the month of December I thought this year I would periodically do several year in review posts with a day as well.
 
This year has been another emotional and trying year for us. Our lives were forever changed on May 13, 2006. Jason's diagnosis of brain cancer is an every day battle for us. Everyday we face the challenges. This February was another challenge. Jason lost his job after the affects of his many treatments of radiation, chemo and just all the cancer "stuff" fianlly showed its face - affecting his memory and daily fundamentals.  Jay has taken the loss in stride, proving that he is a fighter and will rise above. He is now a "SHAD" as I like to call him. Stay-at-home-dad is a job that not many men could do. I/We both have tried to find the postive in the negative. Jason has been given the opportunity to spend time with boys. We aren't given a crystal ball in life so this time is a gift for sure.
 
By no means do I mean for this post to be a "pitty" party for us, I just want these post to be a true reflection of our lives. I hope to one day look back and read this post - sitting with my husband and my grown children, and think wow that was a tough year - but look at us now!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment